Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tra La La La

Today was my first day back to singing lessons after the Christmas break. I have fallen in love with singing. I used to believe that I couldn't sing and so I didn't sing. Then I met Iris, the world's best singing teacher and my world changed.

In my day to day quiet world I rarely make much noise, but Iris demands that I sing at the top of my lungs. It's very therapeutic to bellow out loud noises and receive a nod of encouragement and even the occasional "louder!"

She encourages experimentation with the voice and doesn't care when it suddenly cracks, or warbles or collapses. It's all part of the learning process. I've a long way to go, but whoa, baby, look how far I've come!

My goal is to sing in the Calgary Temple Dedication Choir. That's about two years away, in the meantime, I'll join any choir that comes along and sing in any chorus that beckons my way.

Singing brings me joy, making music lifts my soul. Thank you beautiful Iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment