Thursday, January 14, 2010

Speechifying

I gave my fourth speech at Toastmasters this evening, the one I wrote about Louis Braille. I thought I would have to use my notes, but on the way there in the car I gave the speech three times without the notes, so decided to wing it. I didn't forget anything and got "speaker's high" when I was done.

I'm thankful for my upbringing that had me giving "talks" in church from the time I was three years old. When I was a very tiny child I think I received a lamb plaque for giving a talk. I wonder what happened to that plaque...?

Anyway, I don't have a fear of public speaking, but I sure have a lot to learn. Public speaking is completely different from giving a talk in church.

It feels good to have that speech out of the way, the next one is all about body language...time to write something  that will use big, expansive gestures....

No comments:

Post a Comment