Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I realize that not everyone enjoys or celebrates Mother's Day, but I love it. I think it's a great opportunity to acknowledge all the wonderful women in our lives. Every single one of us has a mother, that is the one thing that unites us all. You can't get to planet earth without a mother.

I spent the day surrounded by great women. This morning my son and his wife made a special effort to drive across the city and attend church with me at 9am. They brought me beautiful flowers, and it was lovely to have my family sitting with me in church.

This afternoon my daughter made a fabulous dinner and had her mother-in-law and sister-in-law and me as her honoured guests.

This evening I was able to talk to my own mother on the telephone. I am so blessed to have a good relationship with my mother.

And I'm very blessed to be a mother. Of all the things in my life, being a mother is the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment