Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Re-birthday

Today it's my happy re-birthday.  A new friend sent me belated birthday wishes and an old friend took me out for lunch, we hadn't seen each other since March.

She chose Milestones, and told everyone in the restaurant that it was my milestone birthday. She even had gifts for me: beautiful place mats and a lilac candle, things that she knows I love.

The waiter brought me a complimentary birthday gelato and three double chocolate chip cookies with a sparkler. Luckily he didn't sing any silly songs.

I was totally surprised, it was a lovely thing to do and very unexpected. Some people have the gift of friendship. They know how to nuture friendships and make life just that much better.

I feel abundantly blessed by the gift of friendship with so many good people. I want to be a better friend and spread joy and happiness. I have many good role models. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment