Monday, April 26, 2010

Keys

This morning I couldn't find my keys. Like really couldn't find them. I never lose my keys. Finally I called my daughter who reminded me that I had given them to my son last night to unlock the door as we all returned from our family photo session. "oh yeah". It took me about an hour to track him down as I didn't even have his work number. Sure enough he had them in his coat pocket. Then he asked me the obvious question: "Don't you have a spare key to your car???"  "oh yeah"

Why didn't I think of that?

I guess that's why you give birth to children. So they can take care of you in your old age. Sheesh.

I love having children, even adult children who take my keys home with them. I'm thankful to have my kids living here in the same city. I'm thankful that we are so close and love each other. Families. I'm so glad I have my own. Hopefully they will choose a nice home for me to live in when I've lost all my marbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment