Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I'm one of those people who makes a big deal about people's birthdays. I always baked and decorated crazy and imaginative cakes for my kids. I love to honour my loved ones on their birthdays. I think everyone should get a special day to celebrate the day they arrived here on earth.

I spent the day exactly how I pleased. In the morning I attended Women's Conference and sat beside my dear friend Dawn. The luncheon was delicious, it's always great to get a good home cooked meal. Thick chowder, spinach/strawberry salad, homemade buns. mmMMmmMMmm.

In the afternoon I had an hour long massage and then an hour long pedicure. - French, you know. I wrapped up the evening with my daughter. We ate pizza at Mitillini's and then saw a movie The Last Song. A bit of a tear jerker, and definitely not my style - teen romance. But it was fun to be with my daughter and we had some good laughs at the expense of the movie.

I have received many salutations from my friends and family, they make me feel special and remembered. Tomorrow my family will come over to celebrate the big day. We are going to have a family portrait done. I want to remember this day with a picture of how we all looked. I even want my dogs in it. It's supposed to be taken outside, but it's snowing like crazy out there right now. I guess we will all bundle up.

No comments:

Post a Comment