Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bats

One of my clients introduced me to the world of bats last summer when I visited their site out in the Cranbrook area. I unlearned a bunch of wrong information such as bats are not blind, they are not flying mice, and they won't get tangled into your hair. Today they gave me a book all about bats with the inscription:

Thanks for all the help you've given us as we work on building our "bat house"!


 What is it with books this month? In my 10 years in this job I have never been given books as thank you gifts and this is the second one this month!



On top of that, with my new found knowledge, I encouraged some friends who live by a slough to set up a bat house to attract bats to eat all the mosquitoes.  Here is the picture they sent me yesterday.  Apparently they have named this lovely edifice after me! Oh the honour!

Life is so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Dude! You have a bathouse named after you! This is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? Other people have statues or bridges, I have a bat house. It doesn't get better than this!

    ReplyDelete