Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Steps

My children and their families traveled to a small southern Alberta town today to attend the funeral of their step-grandfather. This is the father of their dad's wife. I'm thankful that they have been accepted and enfolded into their stepfamily.

This grandfather treated my children just like his own grandchildren and for that I am very grateful. It's so difficult when families break up that it's an extra bonus when new families are formed and families get along with each other. Also, with the reformation of new family ties, grandchildren end up with multiple grandparents and multiple presents at Christmas!

I grew up with two grandmothers. When my grandson was born he had nine grandmothers (including the "greats") between all the reformed families! No wonder he calls all older women "grandma".

No comments:

Post a Comment