Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ponder Moment Epiphany

Today is the third month anniversary of my blog. For the past 90 days I have looked for and found something beautiful, something to savour, or the hand of God manifest in my life in some small way.

Some nights I sit down to write my blog and my mind is empty. I say to myself that nothing blog-worthy happened today and I might as well go to bed and skip it. However, I truly believe that something good happens every day, something to be grateful for, to be thankful for, to savour. That's when I go and brush my teeth while I review the day moment by moment. If nothing has arisen by the time my pearly whites are gleaming, I wash my face and get ready for bed. Always! by the time I'm ready for bed I have found something worth remembering about my day.

Which brings me to that ponder-moment...every single day I have found something, and I wonder if every day of my life has been this way and I never noticed or if because I'm noticing and recording that I'm attracting more goodness into my life. I feel like I've had more serendipity in the past 90 days than I have had in my entire life, all added up.

Take today for example. No plans of any kind except to be by myself, then my friend Karyn calls and invites me out to dinner with her and her husband. We had a marvelous evening of talking and sharing and eating Thai food. We stopped for gelato on the way home and then they came in and visited for a few moments. I have that warm happy feeling that comes from spending quality time with people I really like.

This is my epiphany: That focusing on the beautiful moments in life changes your heart. I believe it changes the very core of who you are and you begin to attract the things you focus on. Whatever you focus your attention on is what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment