Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ancestors

Spent the day with my mom learning how to use the new Roots4 Magic genealogy program. The Internet is a wonderful source of information for genealogists. I was skipping around in Ancestry.com looking at census records way back in the 1800s.

I remember way back in the early 80's when I was interested in searching out my ancestors, I had to go to the genealogy library and order microfilms, then wait several weeks for them to arrive, then go back to the library and sit at a microfiche reader and scroll through thousands of hand written entries.

I'm grateful for technological advances that make this fun hobbie so much easier! And for my mom and her dedication to finding all of our lost relatives.

1 comment:

  1. Pay-back time for all the "Daddy fix" help, fixing records for those whe went before.

    ReplyDelete